Fire It Up! Fat Burner Basics
We all know that choosing a fat burner can be a monumentally difficult task and just a downright headache when you do not know what you are looking for. Playing a game of trial and error when selecting fat burners can end up being a massive waste of money when your body either can not tolerate them or just does not find them stimulating enough.
So, we are going to have a look at a few ingredients that you will typically find in fat burners as well as some fat burners that exist as a substance on their own. We will break them down into 2 categories: Stimulant fat burners and Non-Stimulant fat burners.
Stimulant Ingredients in a fat burner:
Before we kick this one off, it is important to note that these ingredients generally have the effect of making your body feel hot, uneasy and, in the case of people with a low tolerance, make your stomach feel a little queasy. If you are someone who is generally easily persuaded by the effects of stimulants, then it would be a good idea for you to try avoiding these. For those of you who are looking for the heat rush, keep an eye out for the following ingredients.
- Caffeine: The number 1 ingredient you will find in a any stim-filled fat burner on supplement store shelves. Caffeine is known to be an extremely potent thermogenic (an ingredient that sends your temperature up and requires your body to use additional calories to regulate its temperature by making you sweat. As a result, you gain a short metabolic boost from your body burning more calories to keep your temperature in check). Caffeine also increases your adrenaline levels and causes your body to stimulate your fat cells and release fatty acids into the blood stream for use.
- Green Tea Extract: Another big player in the fat burning ingredients arsenal, Green Tea extract is another extremely powerful thermogenic. When used in tandem with caffeine, this ingredient has been shown to slow down the breakdown of adrenaline, making the effects of caffeine more pronounced and last longer. Additionally, Green tea has been noted to stimulate the metabolism by an additional 4% and increase the rate of fat burning steadily over a total 24-hour period.
- Yohimbine: One of the strongest stimulants on supplement shelves, yohimbine comes from the bark of the African Yohimbine Tree. It is one of the most powerful thermogenic substances on the market. Yohimbine is known to stimulate and increase the activity of 3 important hormones – adrenaline, noradrenaline, and dopamine. All three of these substances have been known to show massive boosts in fat metabolism. Furthermore, it has been demonstrated that yohimbine makes exercise and physical activity more intense, resulting in more energy being used and more net calories being burned in the process.
If you are looking for that fat burning kick and that rush of heat (and your body is able to handle it well), then finding fat burners that have the ingredients above will be your best bet at finding something you are looking for.
Non-stimulant fat burners:
When it comes to fat burners that are easier on the body, but also extremely effective, non-stimulant-based fat burners grace the shelves and are even very often used by professional athletes and bodybuilders. Looking out for the following non-stim fat burners will definitely help you wade your way through the confusion.
- Garcinia Cambogia: a substance/supplement that is often found in prevalent fat burners or as a stand-alone product. The effect of Garcinia has been shown to block the additional storage of fat by using a compound known as hydrochloric acid to block citrate lyase, a substance majorly involved in the fat storing process. The body is known to simultaneously store and burn fat throughout the day. Garcinia helps by preventing the storing process, resulting in a overall fat burn daily.
- L-Carnitine: Easily the most popular non-stimulant fat burner on shelves, L-Carnitine is the substance widely hailed as the supplement that makes your body use fat as its primary source of energy rather than glycogen or amino acids. Some studies have even gone so far as to prove that L-carnitine works as an extremely effective fat burning agent even when used as a stand-alone product. Additionally, L-Carnitine has been shown to drastically increase effort and energy levels in exercising individuals. This pushes and allows people to work harder and better, thereby burning more calories as result.
- CLAs (Conjugated Linoleic Acid): CLAs are notoriously known as the fats that burn fat. CLAs work to stimulate appetite suppression as well as stimulate the breakdown of fat by the body and instead use it as a source of energy. It has also been seen to help in changing the body composition of some individuals as well. However, the fat burning effects of CLA have been noted to take time to build up and then start to plateau again after 6 months or so of continued usage. So cycling might be effective here.
Every individual has their personal preference in terms of supplements they will choose to use or not to use. With the above breakdown of ingredients and supplements listed, navigating your way through the ever-growing hoard of fat burners will become much easier. Just have a look at things like what you are able to handle and what you cannot.
Keep in mind, that no one is better than the other. Some people find that stimulant free pre fat burners give them much better fat burning effects due their allowance for prolonged usage. On the other hand, the stimulant bunnies may want the rush and the short burst that comes with stimulant fat burners.
So the take home is:
- Decide what you are looking for
- Find the ingredients that will be most beneficial to you (be they in combination or as a standalone)
- Keep your wallet and budget in mind and make an informed and smart decision.
Pharmafreak Ripped Freak 2.0’s cutting-edge formula features the clinically proven ingredient complex SINETROL, which was developed by the French company Fytexia and is proven to increase fat loss through a unique mechanism of action. In addition, clinical studies show that SINETROL can specifically target and enhance abdominal fat loss..
The new TriCore™ Pyrophoric Thermal Conductor with ThermoCore™ has been re-engineered to target 3 aspects of fat burning potential. Since every individual is different, this approach enables a "no miss" theory to MERCURY HARDCORE MAGMA Thermogenic's 3 tier formula, which places every individuals response towards burning fat, energy output and anti-catabolic experience on the same level.
NutriTech’s LIPOCUT has been specifically formulated to boost your body’s ability to utilise and eliminate fat, helping you reach you goal of getting lean and ripped. LIPOCUT contains Lipotropics which are used by your body to facilitate fat transportation into the mitochondria of the cell.